Monday, November 12, 2007

Can you answer this question?


Take a good look at the picture.
Answer this question:
Why would Nancy or Melinda post a picture like this?
A. Because they didn't get to say good-bye to Donna so decided to try to intercept her at the D.C. airport
B. Because they liked the picture and wanted to share it with you
C. Because they missed their flight in Miami and had to re-route through D.C.

While A & B hold some merit, the real answer is C. (Bye, Donna!)
Yes, we were unable to make our connection in Miami although we ran to pick up luggage (Nancy), waited impatiently for my luggage which was the last on the turn around (Melinda), trudged through through agricultural customs (Melinda), revisited security (Melinda), and ended up in a line at the ticket counter trying to get on a new flight (Nancy & Melinda).

My anxious heart, so rejoicing a few hours before, was upset that my return was not going as expected. Where was the flexibility and dependence on the Lord that had characterized the trip this past week? How quickly I forgot.

God, in His infinite, loving, teaching style, allowed us to have an upgrade to First Class on the revised flight home (via D.C.) Nancy and I agreed that the decompression time was exactly what we needed. We had our own little debrief time. It was during this time that I realized that His plan is perfect and meets our needs all the time! (Not just in Peru)

I thought of the people I had just left. The ones who couldn't walk, yet rejoiced. The ones who couldn't speak, but praised Him. The ones who traveled hours, then, once again, waited hours to receive a wheelchair and meet Jesus. And, I had waited impatiently in line for five minutes so that I wouldn't be inconvenienced.

God worked in many ways and in many lives on this distribution! And, He continues to work in me.

Blessings,
Melinda
\|m/

No comments: